Joe has over 26 years’ experience in superannuation and was the National Secretary of the SDA from 1978 to 2014. He is now the National president of the SDA.
From 1984 – 1996, Joe held the position of New South Wales Branch Secretary as well as National Secretary of the SDA.
In 1985 he joined the Executive of the Australian Council of Trade Union (ACTU) and was elected as Vice-President in 1997 and subsequently, Senior Vice-President from 2003 to 2015.
Whilst serving on the REST Board, Joe has also been an active member of various bodies such as the Australian Labor Advisory Council, The World Executive Board of Union Network International, the National Workplace Relations Consultative Council, the Retail Council of Australia and the National Executive of the Australian Labor Party.
Recent and past Directorships/Appointments held:
REST Committee membership
- Director of Retail Employees Superannuation Pty Limited
- Director of Super Investment Management (SIM) Pty Limited
- Chairman of Campion College.
- Chairman of the Member and Employer Services Committee
- Audit, Risk and Compliance Committee
- People, Culture and Remuneration Committee
- Investment Committee
- Tax Planning Committee
- Claims Sub-committee.