The Trustee, Retail Employees Superannuation Pty Ltd (Rest) recognises the importance of compliance and is committed to ensuring that its business operates in compliance with its legal and regulatory obligations, as well as other matters that, whilst not binding on Rest, Rest has committed to comply with as a matter of good governance. This may include, for example, relevant industry standards, regulatory guidance or other matters set out in Rest’s internal policies and procedures.
Rest is committed to integrity and ethical actions in all of its business dealings and relationships, both within Rest and with members, employers, contractors, suppliers and others. Rest members rely on actions of Rest’s employees and it is Rest’s responsibility to always act in our members’ best interests.
The Rest Code of Conduct applies to all employees of Rest as well as to Board Directors, contractors and consultants. A number of the requirements that come under this Code of Conduct are the subject of specific Rest Policies as well as specific provisions of various Acts, Regulations and other regulatory sources.
The Code of Conduct sets out standards of conduct and personal behaviour required and any departure from the provisions of the Code may result in disciplinary action being taken.
High standards of professional and ethical behaviour are expected at all times. Ethical behaviour is not simply compliance with legal requirements; it extends to honesty, equity, integrity and social responsibility in all dealings.
In performance of duties, the following must be complied with
- Work and behaviour is in adherence to this Code and all other Rest Policies and guides, as well as all relevant laws and legal requirements. This includes, but is not limited to, legislation relating to industrial relations, privacy, discrimination, bullying and harassment, and workplace health and safety.
- Showing courtesy, sensitivity and consideration of the needs of others and treat with respect the cultural, ethnic and religious differences of all other employees of Rest
- Observe the highest standards of honesty and integrity and avoid conduct which departs from these.
- Report any possible fraudulent, corrupt or dishonest conduct to Rest management, the Rest Fraud Control Officer or the Chief Executive Officer.
- Observe appropriate behaviour and conduct when acting on social media and other digital technologies.
- Rest’s Conflict Management Policy.
- Rest’s Fraud Control Policy and Plan.
- Rest’s Gifts and Benefit requirements.
- Use of Rest resources effectively and economically in their job.
- Protection of, and keeping confidential, Rest information.
Breaches of the Code of Conduct will be dealt with under the Rest Disciplinary Guidelines.