Yes, you can combine your super online via the myGov Online Services. To make it easy, we’ve broken down the steps for you:
1. Log in or create a myGov account
2. Link your myGov account to the ATO
3. select 'Super' and then 'Manage'
4. select 'Transfer super' (this option will only appear if you have more than one super account)
Before combining your super, you should know that:
- any death and disability insurance cover that you have with your other super fund will be cancelled and the account will be closed;
- your other super fund may charge fees when leaving the fund;
- if you wish to claim a tax deduction for personal super contributions, you must lodge a notice of intent to claim a tax deduction with your original fund, before you consolidate your super into another fund;
- we won't be able to stop the transfer if you later change your mind; and
- you will need to complete a fund nomination form with Rest if your other super fund account is receiving contributions from your employer and you want these to be re-directed to your Rest account.
If you have any questions, please speak with a licensed financial adviser or visit ASIC's MoneySmart website for more information.