30 September 2020
- Bachelor of Arts (BA(Hons))
- Masters of Government and Commercial Law (MGCL)
- Graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors (GAICD)
- Graduate of the Australian Institute of Superannuation Trustees (GAIST)
Helen Cooney is the Principal Policy Officer (Superannuation and Industry Training) at the SDA, the Union for workers in retail, fast food and warehousing.
For the 10 years to 2019, Helen was in leadership as President and then CEO of Caroline Chisholm Society, a charity that supports pregnant and new mothers raise their young children through poverty and other social issues.
Over the last 20 years, Helen provided policy and political advice on early childhood, school education and workplace relations. Helen has advised State Governments and children’s services on regulation and has been a strategy adviser in the Vice-Chancellor's office at the University of Melbourne.
- Director of Retail Employees Superannuation Pty Limited
- Alternate Director of Service Skills Victoria
Rest Committee Membership:
- People, Culture and Remuneration Committee
- Member and Employer Services Committee
- Audit, Risk and Compliance Committee