Frequently asked questions

These are some questions frequently asked by members when managing their super


What’s an industry super fund?

Industry funds are run to profit members, don’t pay commissions to financial advisers and offer competitive fees – which could mean more money for you when you retire.

Industry funds were originally established to manage super contributions for a particular industry – for example, Rest was established as the super fund for retail industry workers. However, these days most industry funds are open to everyone.

Is Rest an industry fund?

Yes. Rest is an industry fund run to benefit its members, with low fees and competitive long term performance. Rest doesn't pay commissions to financial planners which means more money for you when you retire.

Can I discuss someone else's account with you?

To discuss account-specific information, we need the account holder present regardless of their age to give verbal consent over the phone. This is to safeguard their privacy. For ongoing enquiries, we recommend written authorisation from the account holder.

What is super?

Super is money you save throughout your working life in a super account. Generally, you can only access super when you reach preservation age. So even though it may be a while before you can spend it, understanding your super early will give you greater control and the confidence to make the best financial choices for you.

To learn more about super, check out our handy super tips and videos in the Learning Centre.

How do I find and combine my super?

You can find and combine your super in the Rest App or through MemberAccess. To make it easy, we’ve broken down the steps for you.

Rest App
1. Log into the Rest App. Tip: Make sure you’ve got the latest version (3.2.0 or above) installed.
Don’t have the app or the latest version? Download it here.
2. Click the ‘Combine your super’ tab and follow the prompts to find and combine your super.

1. Log in to MemberAccess 
2. Click the ‘Combine your super’ tab and follow the prompts to find and combine your super.
Remember we’re here to help If you need a hand. Talk to one of our live chat agents now or call us on 1300 300 778 between 8am-10pm (AEST) Monday to Friday.

Things to consider

Before combining your super, consider if Rest is right for you. Check out the fees and costs of your other fund plus any benefits that would be lost, such as insurance cover. Make sure your other fund knows about any contributions you intend to claim a tax deduction for, before combining with Rest. If you have any questions, speak to a licensed financial adviser or visit the ASIC MoneySmart website for more information.

What is SuperMatch

SuperMatch is an ATO provided service that allows members to look up details of any superannuation that they may have in their name. This information can then be used by members to consolidate their super. 

Super and employment

How much/often does my employer have to contribute?

Your employer is required to pay the Superannuation Guarantee which is currently 9.5% of your salary or wages to your super fund.

I’ve changed jobs. Can I tell my new employer to pay super in my Rest account?

Of course! Just complete the Online Form and ask your new employer to pay your super contributions to your Rest account.

What is my ABN/USI/SPIN number?

If you’re consolidating other super into Rest, or have changed jobs, you might need some of these numbers to help you complete the necessary forms.

62 653 671 394 - Rest Retail Employees Superannuation Trust (Rest)

SPIN / USI number
RES0103AU - Rest Super or Rest Corporate
RES0101AU - Rest Select
RES0104AU - Acumen
RES0102AU - Rest Pension

MySuper Product Unique Identifier
62 653 671 394 831

Accessing your super

Can I access my super before reaching preservation age?

Typically no. Your super is designed to save retirement and is generally accessed when you reach preservation age. However, we understand that sometimes you may need to access your super early for medical reasons or if you’re planning on leaving Australia indefinitely.

To learn more about accessing your super, click here.

What can I do with my super once I reach preservation age or retire?

Contact Rest on the next best steps once your reach preservation age, or book an appointment with a Rest Adviser.

Managing your super

How do I find my member number?

By clicking here we can help you find your member number.

How do I check my account details?

To check that your account details are up-to-date simply login to MemberAccess, click on the 'Member' tab followed by the 'Personal Details' tab. Then all you need to do is edit the details that require updating.

How can I check if I have insurance on my account?

In the past most members received automatic protection. To find out what cover you have and how much you're covered for, login to MemberAccess and click the 'Insurance' tab. If you haven't registered for MemberAccess, we can confirm your insurance details over the phone - 1300 300 778. For more information, refer to the Insurance Guide.

When can I make a withdrawal from my super?

For most people, there is no access to your super before you reach your preservation age. This is to help ensure you have enough money saved for retirement.

However, we understand that sometimes you may need to access your super early for medical reasons or if you’re planning on leaving Australia indefinitely.

Whatever the reason, we’ll assess your individual situation to see if you qualify for early withdrawal, for some or all of your super savings.

To learn more about accessing your super, click here.



How do I check or change the level of Insurance cover I currently have?

To check, and where applicable, change, cancel, increase or decrease your cover options, just login to MemberAccess.

Click the Insurance tab and explore your options.

How do I make a claim?

To notify Rest of your claim call 1300 300 778 or Request a call back.

For more information click here.

What is the claims process?

The insurance claims process goes through several stages:

  1. Submit claim forms
  2. Insurer assessment
  3. Insurer decision
  4. Trustee decision
  5. Decision notice

For information on your particular circumstances contact us on call 1300 300 778 or request a call back.

What if my claim is not accepted?

You can write to the Rest Complaints Officer and request a review of your claim at any stage. You should provide any new evidence you obtain to support your case.

If you remain unsatisfied with the outcome of the complaint review, you can lodge a complaint with Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA) at or phone 1800 931 678.

If you require any additional information about the Rest complaints handling process please refer to the concerns and complaints page at, alternatively you can contact us on 1300 300 778.

How can I check on the progress of my claim?

Simply call Rest on 1300 300 778 or request a call back.

Do I need a lawyer?

Assessment of your insurance claim is based on the facts of your particular circumstances such as, whether you have insurance at the time, and if your condition is proven and covered.

Rest is here to help you process your claim all you need to do is contact us directly.

If you need to begin the process of making an insurance claim click here.