Before combining your super, you should know that:
• any death and disability insurance cover that you have with your other super fund will be cancelled and the account will be closed;
• your other super fund may charge fees when leaving the fund;
• if you wish to claim a tax deduction for personal super contributions, you must lodge a notice of intent to claim a tax deduction with your original fund, before you consolidate your super into another fund;
• we won't be able to stop the transfer if you later change your mind; and
• you will need to complete a fund nomination form with Rest if your other super fund account is receiving contributions from your employer and you want these to be re-directed to your Rest account.
If you have any questions, please speak with a licensed financial adviser or visit ASIC's MoneySmart for more information.