You can apply for an early release of up to $10,000 your super from now until 1 July 2020 to 31 December 2020.
Remember, you apply via the ATO – you can’t apply through Rest.
Before you apply, we recommend that you check if we have your correct contact details. You can download the Rest App OR register for MemberAccess and update your contact details online.
1. To apply, you can either:
- complete the online application form through the ATO portal in my.gov.au, OR
- phone the ATO and apply over the phone.
2. As part of the application process, you will have to certify that you are eligible for an early release of your super.
3. You will then be shown a list of all your open super accounts (you may have more than one) and the account balance for each. Please note, your account balance shown on the ATO website is not current so it’s important to check MemberAccess
or the Rest App
for your most recent super balance immediately before applying.
4. You will then input the amount of super you’d like to withdraw from your account. Remember, the limit is $10,000. So, if you have multiple accounts, the combined amount can’t exceed $10,000.
5. You will then provide the ATO with the details of the bank account you want your early release paid into.
The ATO will then assess your application and then tell Rest if you’re approved to have an early release of your super.
You can also obtain more information on the early release of super from the ATO website.